Thursday, February 16, 2012

My first Imaginarium Designs DT work!

SO happy to share with you my very first Design Team work using Imaginarium Designs chipboard. Please do check out the Imaginarium Designs blog HERE, but I will share my work with you here on my blog too!

So here is what I created for your inspiration this month. 


Creating 12x12 layouts is second nature to me. It's all I EVER do!! So I decided this time to challenge myself to create something different and I thought creating some lovely tags as gifts was a clever idea and something I could probably handle! I also wanted to show you how versatile this chipboard is and boy was it SO easy and quick to create these. 


This first one is a gift for my eldest daughter who is 5 years old. I called it "Our Story" and explained to her that every family has a story and her story is that she was the first born child of this family. I used soft colours and a beautiful 3" Clock Face Imaginarium Designs Chipboard to give this tag a romantic and feminine touch. What little girl wouldn't love this hanging on her wardrobe knob or her door? I can tell you MINE did!

A close up...


Now, I will confess that I am no champion at doing all kind of fancy things with chipboard but I find that a little 2 tone ink and some glossy accents on top will create a stunning result which is what I have done here. 

SO all you need to do is go over the entire chipboard with gesso a couple of times allowing for it to dry each time. The you start with the light coloured ink and go over the chipboard a couple of times and the what I did is take the darker ink and dab it randomly over the edges. 

Once that is dry just over it with Glossy Accents and you are done! As I said...no fancy stuff here!!


Products List
** Imaginarium Designs Chipboard:  3" Clock Face
**Webster's Pages Winter's Fairy Tales : paper, fabric tag, fabric bloomers,
**Kaisercraft : paper blooms (fuchsia)
**Prima Marketing: large white flower
**Martha Stewart: Punch Around The Page Cherish paper punch
**gesso
**Glossy Accents
**light and dark pink ink (brand unknown)
**gauge
** string
**brown tag
**Glimmer Mist : Coffee Bean


My next tag was a gift for my second little girl who is 3 years old.  She loves bright colours so I knew this would appeal to her. And it did! I layered a couple of different Imaginarium Designs chipboard pieces as well as some other elements and again I applied the same technique to the chipboard as I mentioned above.



Products List
**Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: "Love You" title and Swirly Frame
**Webster's Pages Winter's Fairy Tales : fabric bloomers, flower

** Prima Marketing : Shabby Chic Metal Treasures - Bird Cages/Pillars, Romantique rose

**Light and Dark purple ink (brand unknown)

**white and purple ribbon (brand unknown)

**Gesso

**Glimmer Mist: Coffee Bean

**Glossy Accents

**Brown Tag

 

 

My last tag is for my super sweet friend also named Nadia, who lives just a couple of minutes away from me. She has helped more than she knows the last few months and I wanted to give her something handmade by me as a token of my appreciation.

 



I wanted to keep this tag romantic looking but still elegant to give to a 30 something mum so I changed the colour scheme a little. I used an Imaginarium Designs LARGE Butterfly placed on top of some flowers as well as an Imaginarium Designs Mirrored Frame. For the frame, I simply used Gesso and nothing else a few times to give it a rustic look, while for the butterfly after applying gesso a few times over it I inked again randomly with a brown ink.

 

Products List

*Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: Large Butterfly and Mirrored Frame

**Webster's Pages Winter's Fairy Tales : fabric bloomers

** Prima Marketing : Green flowers, Romantique rose, pearls

**Martha Stewart: Deep Edger Punch (Vintage Doily)

**brown ink (brand unknown)

**pearl ribbon  (brand unknown)

**October Afternoon: Mini Market alpha stickers

**Gesso

**Glimmer Mist: Coffee Bean

**Glossy Accents

**Brown Tag

**gauge

 

Lastly I want to share with you my last project which is one of my little 3 year old! 

As soon as I had the Imaginarium Designs title "Adore" in my hands and her close up picture it was a match made in heaven as I, simply put, cannot find another way to describe what I feel for her little sweet face.

For the title I used the same old trusted method I used in the tags above, which includes the inking and then covering in Glossy Accents.



 

This was one of those PERFECT pictures you catch of your children which are SO rare so I wanted to "frame" it in a way so what better way to do that than using this 6" Swirly Frame from Imaginarium Designs? I simply once again went over the frame a few times using gesso and once that dried I applied a sand coloured ink and then some clear Crackle Medium on top of that. I then inked the edges slightly.

 

 

Lastly, I find that these little Mirrored Frames add a special little detail to the layout and as well as that they create a nice contrast on top of the bright pink.

 

Products List:

**Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: Adore title, Mirrored Frame, 6" x 4" Swirly Frame

**Webster's Pages Winter's Fairy Tales : paper, fabric tag, fabric bloomers,
**Martha Stewart: Punch Around The Page Cherish , Swirling Lace and Layered Arches paper punches .
**ZVA Creative: pearl flourish
** Flowers: Prima Marketing, Manor House Creations, Petaloo
**leaves, brown ink, puffy paint

PLEASE NOTE: You can purchase all Imaginarium Designs chipboard HERE

For more inspiration using Imaginarium Designs chipboard and to share your Imaginarium Designs projects please visit the ning site HERE


I hope I have inspired you all to try something new today! 


Thank you for letting me share my creations with you all :) 

38 comments:

  1. GEE! You Always INSPIRE!!!
    I think I used GORGEOUS, STUNNING, UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL HERE ALOT.... BUT! Honestly every time I see your Creations Nadia!! they are the first words that pop into my mind!!!!!!
    Your Layout & Tags are YEP! STUNNING!!! hehehe
    Would you believe I have just brought the Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around The Page Set - Cherish....... After Seeing SO many of your STUNNING creations!! & I too have did a couple of Layouts Using the Cherish Corner Punch around my Circles!!! GR8 minds think alike.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are stunning Nadia!
    The gift tags all look amazing...just love all the layers & different elements! Your layout is just as stunning too...and what an adorable pic of your gorgeous little girl :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtakingly beautiful! What more can I say...just amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!! you inspired me every day! THANK YOU :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning creations Nadia! The photo of your little girl is just adorable - totally worth framing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! You outdid yourself! Amazing, stunning, beautiful creations!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Gos! This is pure Heaven!!! I mean it Nadia, your creations are from another world! I hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadia, your work reflects the kind of person you are - I think that's the most amazing thing about your creations. That's why everybody loves them. I admire your ability to convey your feelings about your kids through your pages!! Exceptional work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh..that photo of your daughter is just so adorable!! Love the beautiful layout , all the flowers, your journaling and title...love it!!!
    And your tags, so beautiful all of them. Love the way you have used chipboard on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the tags, Nadia. Great idea to give them away as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..!!! They are all amazingly beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nadia - these are all stunningly beautiful! I can tell you have put your heart into your work, your daughter is georgeous!. - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nadia, thanks for inspiring me with your work, always beautiful and so fresh. Love 2 u sweets xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your tags!!!! and thank you for the instructions, I don't know why but always thought that coloring a chipboard was very difficult... you made it looks so easy to try! Amazing LO as always, the color combination is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nadia all of these products r so beautiful & romantic! Really luv the tags TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nadia, your tags are simply gorgeous!!! thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tags and layout! I really love the simple technique you used for dressing up the chipboard. Everything here is so feminine and elegant, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are GORGEOUS Nadia! I love love love the colors, the photo of your daughter and loveeeeeeeeeeee the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you mention to me something about your mojo? Are you joking?? These are SOOOO elegant and romantic and as the girls said above, they reflect your sweet and unique personality! Thanks for inspiring us Nadiaki!!!!
    Filakia!!!!!!!!!!
    p.s. Ioanna is gorgeous in that photo!!!
    p.s.2 I must also buy that MS punch...lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your projects are just beautiful, Nadia. I always love how you so eloquently put things together- from your photos, to the flower clustering, to you perfectly coordinated color schemes. Amazes me every time.
    Need to try and find a local dealer of Imaginarium stuff- all the good stuff is overseas!! Lol...
    Thanks for your inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nadia, I realy don`t know how to tell you all those things...
    I love to visit you.
    I love to read your storys and comments.
    I love to admire your work and your beautiful girls.
    I love your style... in very wide spectrum.
    This is fantastic work and ID must be so happy to have you in the team!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw this gorgeous page at ID and i love it, the soft colors are amazing!! And of course, your daughter is an angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is absolutely gorgeous Nadia !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love you tags and fabby layout, Nadia. inspirational as always - thanks for sharing! Best wishes Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the piccy... LOVE the little rip at the top of the LO's page & just OTT LOVE those tags....really simple technique, but it makes me feel confident to give them a go, so TFS VERY much:):)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning work Nadia. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, wow!! You really rocked the chipboard and made such gorgeous creations with it. I just love that magical looking layout and your tags are pure prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yep another stunner here Nadia!!! Wow you are one artist and i so so love coming here and visiting your blog whether its a story or you letting your feelings out or whether it layouts!!! i just so so love your blog!!!!! those tags are just beautiful!!! and that layout yep well its another beauty!!!! I hope you and your family have a fabulous weekend!!!
    Take care now
    TONI
    XOXOXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can see why they picked you Nadia - these projects are BREATH-TAKING!! thanks so much for sharing all your little tips on your chipboard treatment - sometimes I get stuck with the chippie but you've made it sounds so easy - especially the two tones of ink. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work and being such an inspiration. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love love love. i love those tags. Never do anything with tags as I do not know wat are those for! now that you have gave me an idea! And also, thanks for sharing ways of using glossy accents on chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous projects, Nadia! That photo is precious, and I love how you've showcased it. Your tags--just beautiful! Imaginarium Designs is very lucky to have you on their team!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous tags and so much detail on each one. And your page is just lovely. She is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful layout and tags Nadia! Unfortunately I can only see the main image and not the close ups at the moment, I think my internet is playing up but from the main image they are all amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! What gorgeous creations! Truely remarkable....each one!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your projects are always amazing and filled with so much passion and love. These are no exception. Stunning Nadia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!